Whether your plumbing business is a solo operation or fields dozens of trucks every day, don’t let opportunities for growth and profit seep down the drain. Here are five keys to profitability. Evaluate your operation and see if you are missing out by failing to use these field management software features.
- Optimize routes. Route optimization software, available as part of many service management software packages, eliminates wasted time and miles. Assign multi-stop schedules to technicians color-coded by qualifications, then let the app choose the routes. Even seasoned drivers report significant savings on multi-stop routes with this automation.
- Tighten appointment windows. Have technicians text their next customers before leaving each job site. The just-in-time notifications will reduce customer wait times and not-at-homes. Most important, showing respect for your customers’ time will transform them into your brand ambassadors.
- Provide map-view schedules. From mobile device or office computer, every office and field employee should be able to see a map-view schedule of trucks and jobs. Part of most field management apps, this simple app will prevent confusion, allow real-time adjustments to fill gaps and motivate techs to stay on schedule.
- Keep in touch with field techs and customers. Every employee should be able, with a quick text or one-touch dial, to contact the office or a customer. Customers appreciate heads-up and reminder notifications, the office can track techs, and techs can call in easily for support or report schedule changes.
- Invoice and process card payments on site. Make use of the full-range connectivity of your field software. An estimate or work order can with a touch become an invoice, emailed to the customer from the job site. Have your technician capture the customer’s signature and swipe a card for payment before leaving. Benefits? Eliminate back-office entry time and errors, reduce customer disputes and late pays and improve cash flow.
If you are not a RazorSync user, we will be happy to provide a full-feature, fully supported free trial. Or, sign up for a live demo or watch a video demonstration, both featuring A-1 Plumbing, with custom forms, routing, scheduling, estimates, work orders and invoicing. Get started today!