Having the best equipment can significantly affect your company’s reputation and job performance, especially if you’re working in the chimney cleaning industry. If your techs are relying on inadequate tools to service homes or commercial spaces, it may lead to incomplete jobs and unhappy customers.
To avoid being brushed aside by the competition, learn which chimney sweep tools and supplies you’ll need:
Chimney Sweep Tools and Supplies Essential for Success
- Standard Chimney Sweep Tool Kit: This kit typically contains a wire bush, a polypropylene bush, a smoke chamber brush, an industrial vacuum, and chemical cleaners. The brushes work to thoroughly remove debris inside the chimney, especially creosote, which is the main contributor to chimney fires.
- Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR): A PAPR is a full-face mask that works to protect the chimney sweeper from exposure to dangerous carcinogens.
- Canvas Drip Cloths: This cloth works to help contain the messy build up that cleaning a chimney often creates. Avoid plastic drip clothes, as this material can cause static electricity, and since most of what is being cleaned from the chimney is flammable, this could be dangerous.
- Industrial Grade Chimney Vacuum: The main function of this vacuum is to help prevent the mess and pollutants of the chimney from entering a person’s home or office.
- Inspection Camera: This camera assists techs in performing more thorough cleanings. It also provides evidence to show homeowners what their chimney looked like before and after a cleaning.
- Field Service Software: RazorSync’s field service app helps you optimize your workload by scheduling jobs, managing inventory and techs in the field, and estimating future jobs.
- Mobile Credit Card Reader: A handy tool like a mobile card reader can quickly simplify and speed up the payment process for you and your customers, eliminating the need for separate paper invoicing.
Chimney Sweep Business Software Provided by RazorSync
Having the right tools for every job is vital for customer satisfaction and retainer business. RazorSync’s field service software tool can help streamline your operations and keep your techs equipped and ready for their next chimney job. Our field service software also includes a secure mobile credit card reader to help speed up payment processing and avoid overdue billing.
To learn more schedule a free live demo with RazorSync today!