5 Ways to Use Your Field Management Software to Cut Administrative Costs
Last week we discussed important KPIs for field service–the measurements you use to define success. Certainly, cost management belongs on the list along with customer...
Jun 05, 2015
# of Minutes to Read
Last week we discussed important KPIs for field service–the measurements you use to define success. Certainly, cost management belongs on the list along with customer satisfaction and revenue. Below are five ways you can use your field management software to improve efficiency and accountability.
- Create service zones. Analyze a map of job sites and technicians’ routes. Group outlying job sites into zones and schedule non-emergency calls in each zone on pre-determined days of the week or month. When a technician needs to visit a zone on short notice, contact nearby customers to see if they would like a maintenance service.
- Identify inappropriate employee stops. One RazorSync customer used GPS tracking records to confirm that an employee was using the company vehicle for romantic assignations on a regular basis. You may not identify anything that exciting, but will be able to hold employees accountable for their travels.
- Stay on top of accounts receivable. Have your technicians create invoices on all job sites. Our customers report job-site invoicing results in savings in back-office data entry (invoices update QuickBooks automatically) and improved payment cycles.
- Accept job-site payment. Convert accounts receivables into revenue before your trucks come home for the night. And credit card payments taken with a card swiper have lower fees than those taken over the phone or on paper.
- Use non-priority scheduling to fill gaps. Have unscheduled jobs set and ready to assign. When a scheduling gap is created by a shorter-then-expected service call or cancellation, you can reassign field staff to cover it. Just one more job a day will translate into a significant benefit.
At RazorSync, we are committed to helping service businesses succeed. Interested? Request a live demo of our inexpensive, simple-to-use field service software.