Target Marketing Strategies For Your Landscaping Business
Whether you’re a seasoned landscaping business owner or just starting out in the world of lawn care, being knowledgeable on marketing techniques will help you...
Sep 05, 2022
# of Minutes to Read
Whether you’re a seasoned landscaping business owner or just starting out in the world of lawn care, being knowledgeable on marketing techniques will help you grow your businesses. Check out this guide for different target marketing strategies to better reach your audience and boost your customer base.
Word of Mouth Marketing
Word of mouth marketing is one of the most traditional and effective ways to grow your business. In fact, 92% of customers value brand recommendations from friends and family more than any ad. To use this marketing strategy, you’ll need to give your customers a reason to talk about you. Here are some ways your customers can be your best marketing resource:
- Hand Out Flyers and Business Cards – This is especially important for local businesses; nothing beats a visual representation of your brand. Making custom flyers and contact cards for your business is cost-efficient and easy for your customers to pass around. After completing a job, consider leaving a sign in your client’s yard or leaving them with a few business cards. That way, your customer will advertise your business for you.
- Invite your Customers to Leave Reviews – Make sure your business is on all the major review sites such as Yelp and Better Business Bureau. This is an opportunity not only to get your business in front of new faces but also to get valuable feedback from your current customers about your service. Nothing sheds a positive light on a brand and shows your customers that you care like responding to positive, neutral, and negative reviews.
- Start a Referral Reward Program – The only thing customers love more than great service is free rewards. Incentivizing your customers with rewards when they refer a friend or family member is an effective way to get people talking about your business without breaking the bank. Referral programs are different depending on what program works best for you. You also don’t incur costs unless you acquire a new customer. It’s a win-win!
Social Media Marketing
Utilizing social media is one of the target marketing strategies that can make or break your landscaping business. It’s all about connecting with your customers and openly communicating with them about your brand. With all the different platforms and features to choose from, you may not know where to start. Here are some tips to keep in mind when you log onto your social media pages.
- Research which Platform your Audience is On – The first obstacle any business faces is figuring out what platform(s) their audience spends the most time on. Use surveys and take into consideration the demographics of your current customer base to solve this. Google Analytics or SEMRush can help with this, but you can also monitor your current social pages to see where the activity is highest.
- Post Content of your Work and Services – Landscaping companies transform the exterior of a home, so show off your work! Posting before/after photos and videos of your work is a great way to market your business’ services to your customers. You can also keep them informed of special offers, seasonal lawn care tips, or even new lawn care technology to raise engagement on your socials.
- Consistently Post on Social Media – One of the hardest tricks to master when it comes to social media is making sure you’re approaching your posting with consistency. Post enough that customers see you on their feed, but not so much that they start tuning your content out like white noise. Do some testing to see when you get the best engagement from your customers on your pages. Remember: a post is efficient when the message is valuable to the customer.
To learn more about social media use for landscaping customers, click here.
One of the target marketing strategies that more and more marketers are turning to is inbound marketing. It’s when you get customers to come to you and become familiar with your services. This helps your business make a good impression and move to the top of a potential customer’s list! Here are a few strategies your landscaping business should consider implementing:
- Send Emails to your Customers – Emails are an easy way to communicate with your customer base about special promotions, social media updates, and everything in between. They can be personalized to the recipient, designed to fit your company’s brand, and sent to whoever whenever you’d like. Check out HubSpot’s Ultimate Guide to Email Marketing for how to get started.
- Write Blogs on Industry Insights – Writing blogs both answers your customer’s questions and makes you a valuable resource among other industry professionals. Your landscaping business is more likely to be a trusted company by posting interesting and fresh content. It also shows you know what you’re talking about. Take some inspiration from RazorSync’s field service blogs to see how your blogs could help current and future customers.
- Spotlight Customers on your Website – Client testimonials are critical in bringing in new business. When prospective customers see how your landscaping business worked out for other homeowners, they’ll have more trust in your business to give them the same satisfactory result. Start asking customers who love your company if they’ll advocate on your behalf. Make sure you also figure out what style of case study works best for you.
Having the right software to complete your landscaping jobs efficiently and effectively is the most important step. You’ll find that having these target marketing strategies in your company’s toolkit is the best way to reach new and old customers and grow your business.
RazorSync’s field service software will help you manage your team and inventory to ensure that you’re able to provide safe, high-quality landscaping services. Contact RazorSync for details, or try it free for 14 days.