Did you know that 51% of consumers discover new businesses online daily? As a plumbing professional looking to grow your business, managing your online presence can be a difficult feat. Whether you’re managing a mobile workforce, a complex inventory, sending technicians out to assist customers, or communicating with clients, you have a lot on your plate.
If you’ve been feeling as though you don’t have time to think about growing your business, you may want to rethink your strategy! With RazorSync’s easy-to-use platform, you can easily manage your business online and still have time to invest in long-term growth.
To help you take your business to the next level, take a look at these 5 tips and tricks on how to manage a plumbing business online.
1. Market Your Business
In order to attract and retain customers, you have to have a web presence. Since the majority of people do their research online, anyone with plumbing issues will want to find your business website or internet presence! To start, your team may want to create a marketing plan or strategy. Here are a few things to keep in mind when marketing your business:
- Make sure your business is staying active on social media. A business with a social media presence is a business that people trust.
- One of the best ways to gain new customers is to try asking your clients for customer referrals. Keep a list of satisfied customers on hand who are willing to talk to their contacts or even contacts you provide.
- Try implementing a CRM platform into your business strategy! You’ll be able to keep customer data right at your fingertips for better experiences and happier customers.
- Ensure your website is user friendly and engaging!
2. Customer Service
When learning how to manage a plumbing business online, stellar customer service is a crucial element. Your online customer service efforts lay the groundwork for building satisfying, long-term customer relationships. In order to do that, you’ll need to provide excellent (and seamless) customer experiences in the field and online. Here are some ways to keep each customer coming back for more:
- Respond to both good and bad online customer reviews—91% of 18-34 year olds trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- Respond quickly to service calls
- Be punctual and timely
- Communicate with your customers—With a field service management software, you can provide clients with in-depth information on their past and present service calls.
- Communicate with technicians—When schedules inevitably shift, or jobs change, providing proper insight to your staff can alleviate any customer issues.
If you want to get each job done right and delight your customers, you’ll need to hire the best technicians. As many as 79% of people used resources on the internet to find jobs, so this is another area where your digital presence can come in handy. In order to find the best of the best, you may want to promote your business online via social networks like LinkedIn.
Make use of your professional networks, offline and online, to see if anyone fits your requirements. Or, if all else fails, you may even want to hire a staffing company to find the best candidates for your team! Regardless, promoting your business as an industry leader online for employees can help you boost business overall.
4. Workflow Automation
Do you have a good workflow automation system in place? As a plumber, you’re in a high-volume business, often serving multiple customers a day. If you haven’t made the digital switch to an online field service software, now is the time! When you have multiple technicians out and about in the field—and you’re not quite sure where they are at any given moment—tasks like scheduling and trip routing can be a hassle.
This is where a service software comes in handy! With the right tool, you’ll be able to manage your staff, inventory, and customer relationships all in one place, saving you time and energy.
5. Technician Tracking
One of the trickiest things that comes with managing a plumbing business can be technician tracking. Rather than doing this manually, managing your technicians digitally can drastically change how your business runs. A GPS software solution helps you manage your fleet and drivers and gives you the right data to plan each day and week. With real-time vehicle tracking and insights into vehicle and driver events, you’ll be able to:
- Manage technician’s travel time—and service more customers
- Eliminate unnecessary driving—and save fuel costs
- Improve safety—and keep vehicles and drivers safe
- And so much more!